Senior Assistant City Attorney II
General Counsel Division
Municipal / Regulatory Section
Tammy L. Palomino joined the Dallas City Attorney's Office in 2003. She spent the first two years in the Community Prosecution Division as the North Oak Cliff Community Prosecutor and thereafter moved to the Municipal Regulatory Section of the General Counsel Division. Ms. Palomino's practice focuses on zoning / land use, development, annexation, code amendments, historic preservation, platting, gas drilling regulation, and the thoroughfare plan. Ms. Palomino advises various departments and has been counsel to the City Plan Commission; Board of Adjustment; Landmark Commission; Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee; and City Council.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1999
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, 1995
Affiliations & Activities
- Chair, Dallas Bar Association Government Law Section, 2012
- Vice Chair, Dallas Bar Association Government Law Section, 2011
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Admitted State Bar of Texas, 2002
- Admitted State Bar of California, 1999
- Co-authored "Equitable Estoppel and Variances: Relief in Zoning Cases and Building Official Error?"
- University of British Columbia 2010 summer course: " The Vancouver Laboratory on Urbanism: Principles and Practices for Great City-Building"
- Southwestern Bell Corporation, Inc., Risk Management, 2001-2003
- United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California, Misdemeanor Section Chief, 1999-2000